There is a term in dance technique called “spotting” that dancers do to keep from getting dizzy when doing a spin or series of spins or turns called pirouettes or chaines turns. This keeps you focused on making that turn (complete revolution or multiples) to transition seamlessly to the next set of dance steps or like the one that Mikhail Baryshnikov is doing here.
I forgot how much I liked this scene!
Business and life can have a dizzying effect if you’re not focused on the important things or the task at hand.
Implement these 5 tips to spot in business and life:
- Focus on tasks in timely increments. For example, work on a task for 30 minutes before taking a 2-5 minute break, then focus on the task again for another 30 minutes, take another 2- 5 minute break, etc. until you are done with the task.
- Focus on being in the moment. Are you checking cipro 750mg your phone while in conversation with someone?
- Focus on the things that you are thankful for first thing in the morning when you wake up. This will set the tone for a great day, regardless of circumstances, because there are always things to be thankful for.
- Focus on one positive habit you wish to implement for 21 days, like reading positive material before bedtime.
- Focus on relaxing and proper breathing when you start to feel stressed.
If you’re able to focus on the immediate task or event at hand, you can seamlessly transition into your next business task, productivity step, or other life event.
Spot and focus or get dizzy and distracted, your choice.
What are some ways you spot on your business or life? I appreciate your suggestions and look forward to more conversation with you.