Have you heard the saying that all growth occurs outside of your comfort zone?
However, let me propose another perspective.
Don’t get out of your comfort zone.
Let me explain.
My son is a huge fan of the Geronimo Stilton books. He usually finishes each book he reads in a day or two.
We go online and look up Geronimo Stilton videos on YouTube and try to find anything that has to do with this mouse that he now loves.
I watched the beginning of one episode of an old show and found it strangely…
It took me back to my childhood.
Watching a cartoon and getting immersed in the story.
Whether it was getting excited by the suspense, laughing at a silly joke, or learning a life lesson, it was comforting.
It got me thinking about all the other comforts and daily delights that I can take for granted sometimes:
- A warm cup of Teecino with homemade nut milk
- Hearing the birds sing in the morning when I wake up
- My husband and my son cracking jokes to make me laugh
- Writing with my Ink Joy Pens if I need to jot notes on paper
- Seeing the ocean and hearing crashing waves while driving along Pacific Coast Highway
However, staying in your comfort zone with the perspective of joy and gratitude is just as critical.
What is in your comfort zone? I would love to hear what comforts you.