I love watching martial arts.
Certain types more than others.
I love the contrast, precision and timing needed to execute it successfully.
And, I love that you can learn to market your business with martial arts.
And no, I am not talking about “attacking” your customer until they purchase from you. Although unfortunately, there are people that do this to their customers and it’s quite annoying.
I see a lot that you can apply to your business marketing from the philosophy of Aikido.
Without going into too much of the technical details of Aikido, some basic principles can be applied as follows:
- Although levels exist in Aikido, rank is not the most important. The basic premise is that through Aikido, you become a better human being. In business, isn’t it about serving your customer the best way possible and marketing ethically?
- It’s not about the attack in Aikido, it’s about redirecting and neutralizing. For example, buy cipro ciprofloxacin online it’s not your job to convince and win over your customer. Redirecting is finding creative ways to show how your business can solve your customer’s problem and neutralizing is putting your customer at ease so they know that you truly have their best interests at heart.
- Aikido is about being present. Be completely present and listen intently to your customer.
- Aikido is about being calm on the inside. Before a business meeting, take some time to be calm and then go into your meeting with a more settled mind.
- Aikido is about discipline and mastery. Focusing some of your time and effort on discipline and mastery in marketing your business not only helps you, but they help your customer.
What other disciplines have you been able to learn from that have helped your business marketing? Do you think it’s important to study other things outside of business in order to help your business? I would love to hear your comments on this subject.