In the latest session of The DancePreneuring Studio, I share 5 social media tips that will help you be intentional about your presence and purpose on the platforms that you choose. Any strategies and tactics that you use are subject to many factors, and you have to be okay, that with anything, you need to experiment and adjust if necessary.
- Step to Success: A step to your success is anything that moves your life and your business forward. Whether it’s an app, a book or an idea, you can apply something today that can help you succeed. Today’s step to success is a task management tool that keeps you focused on one task at a time called Hello Focus.
- Dancer’s Dialect: The Dancer’s Dialect is the dancer’s language. I share dance terminology and concepts across different genres so you can see the correlations in your life and in your business. Today’s word is barrel turn or barrel row done in dance styles such as jazz, modern and tap. This is a 360 degree turn of the body while the arms are extended in a “windmill.” Check out this video:
- Freestyle Flow: You know what they say about the word assume. We all do it and I share my recent experience at a dance studio about an assumption that a woman made about me.
- Feature Presentation: Social media to me is like a multi-faceted creature that needs to tempered, entertained and sometimes tamed. Here are 5 social media tips that will keep you mindful:
- Focus on building your own platform with your own domain. The platforms are owned by others, which means they can change the deal at anytime. For example, I know many people that have had posts blocked, accounts deleted, etc. The same can go for specific types of businesses. Bottom line is to not put all of your eggs in one basket.
- Determine the purpose of your post. Is it to add value? Are you wanting to generate sales or another call to action?
- Add value before asking for a transaction. This is especially important if you’re selling something.
- Pay attention to what is working for you. It might not be the same as it is for others.
- Balance live posting with scheduling your posts via tools. There is a time and place for automation.
Links from this session:
Would you review The DancePreneuring Studio?
I would be extremely appreciative if you would subscribe and leave your feedback on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher Radio. It really helps if you do it through the native Apple Podcast App on your smart device. Thanks so much!