Happy 2018! No doubt that goal setting has been on your mind for this New Year. This latest session gives you 5 quick and helpful do’s and don’ts when it comes to goal setting so that you can accomplish what you want this year.
One of my favorite quotes that summarizes the process of goal setting is the following from Zig Ziglar:
What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
- Step to Success: A step to your success is anything that moves your life and your business forward. Whether it’s an app, a book or an idea, you can apply something today that can help you succeed. Today’s step to success is an easy to use app to create engaging, animated posts for Instagram called Ripl.
- Dancer’s Dialect: The Dancer’s Dialect is the dancer’s language. I share dance terminology and concepts across different genres so you can see the correlations in your life and in your business. Today’s word is emboite, a classical ballet term that means “fitted together.” Check out this video of an emoite turn/jump combination:
- Freestyle Flow: Did you know… is a theme that I am experimenting with on Tuesdays in my private Facebook Group, The DancePreneuring Collective. Send me a direct message if you want to be added and join the conversation. : )
- Feature Presentation: I share 5 do’s and don’ts of goal setting that can help you approach this sometimes daunting task. It’s all about finding what works best for you.
- 1. Do ask yourself why the goals are important to you.
- 2. Don’t allow yourself to get overwhelmed the techniques, tools, people, software, etc that are available in the goal setting process. Thank you Tom Tate for your article on Quarterly Theming as an alternative option to resolutions.
- 3. Do allow yourself to indulge in the emotions of achieving these goals. Make it as sensory as possible.
- 4. Don’t share goals with people that don’t directly affect the outcome.
- 5. Do review 3 things that you did well in 2017. Thank you Mark Asquith for this suggestion on your awesome The 7 Minute Mentor Podcast
Links from this session:
Would you review The DancePreneuring Studio?
I would be extremely appreciative if you would subscribe and leave your feedback on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher Radio. It really helps if you do it through the native Apple Podcast App on your smart device. Thanks so much!