I went to one dance audition that I never thought I would ever do again. Now a second one? Yup. I had to do it again. This experience was a bit different from my first one that I talked about in Session 153. Still, it is about getting out of my comfort zone and no longer having those regrets from 20+ years of giving up on myself.
- Step to Success: A step to your success is anything that moves your life and your business forward. Whether it’s an app, a book or an idea, you can apply something today that can help you succeed. Today’s step to success is integrating Facebook Live to interact with your community. This is something I will be doing on a weekly basis. Date and time to be determined.
- Dancer’s Dialect: The Dancer’s Dialect is the dancer’s language. I share dance terminology and concepts across different genres so you can see the correlations in your life and in your business. Today’s concept is based on timing in choreography. It can make the difference in intention and in aesthetic in a dance piece.
- Freestyle Flow: The song “No More Words” by Berlin reminded me of no more words for me, such as “diet” and “cheat day.” It’s made a huge difference in the way I approach my health.
- Feature Presentation: The second of three auditions since my return to dance is what I share in this episode. I was reminded of the 5 following things:
- Be flexible. However, if you are going to be late or there are a change of plans, try to give some notice as soon as possible.
- Be clear in your communication.
- Choreographers (or anything like jobs, projects, etc) are looking for something specific so if you are not chosen it’s not because there is something wrong with you as a person.
- Don’t dwell on what you can’t control.
- It’s okay to say no. I wasn’t excited about the project so when I was offered it, I declined.
Links from this session:
Would you review The DancePreneuring Studio?
I would be extremely appreciative if you would subscribe and leave your feedback on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher Radio. It really helps if you do it through the native Apple Podcast App on your smart device. Thanks so much!