You will hear me talk a lot about the statement, “Do what you can with what you have.” Another reminder of this was a performance called Moves After Dark featuring Clairobscur Dance, Strange & Elegant Dance and Mixed eMotion Theatrix that took place at various points outside at The Walt Disney Concert Hall in Downtown Los Angeles. Each dance company made use of their resources and the surroundings to produce engaging works of art. Check out some of these clips of the production:
- Freestyle Flow: I used to spend so much time worrying of what other people thought of what I said or did, or didn’t say or didn’t do. Oy, too much mental energy spent on something I can’t control. And on the flip side, if I feel led to contact someone, I try to not think twice about it because there is a reason why that person is coming to mind.
- Feature Presentation: I share 5 ways you can use your resources in dance, life and business based on my experience at Moves After Dark as follows:
- 1. Innovation of space and surroundings. How can you use what you already have, what you’ve already created?
- 2. What is your message and your mission? Are they clear?
- 3. Incorporate the live element as much as possible in what you do.
- 4. Take notice of how you react and any biases you have.
- 5. What is the experience you’d like to create for your audience?
Links from this session:
Would you review The DancePreneuring Studio?
I would be extremely appreciative if you would subscribe and leave your feedback on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher Radio. It really helps if you do it through the native Apple Podcast App on your smart device. Thanks so much!
No podcast episodes found