What are a the trademarks of a great mentor?
Is it charisma?
How about a great sense of humor?
Maybe someone wealthy and influential?
They could possess any of the above, but they are not necessarily the most important traits to possess.
Presence or absence of these traits neither make or break a great mentor.
It depends on what you are looking for.
- Demonstrate integrity by their actions, not just their words.
- Ask the right questions so they can effectively guide you.
- Challenge you graciously to reach higher levels.
- Provide resources to better equip you.
- Value your importance because you’re created by God.
What do you think makes a great mentor? I would love to get your feedback.