When a community comes together to focus on a common cause, miracles happen. This week’s session is a quick recap of Boogiezone Utopia, the place that welcomed me back to dance after a 20+ year hiatus, and how people pulled together so that they could stay in operation.
- Feature Presentation: These are the 5 takeaways I got from watching a community come together to save a dance studio:
- 1. What is the attitude you have toward challenges as you are going through them?
- 2. The importance of community and camaraderie.
- 3. Ask for help but not with a self-pity, victim attitude.
- 4. If you’re truly about the creative process and doing excellent work, the accolades and credit are by-products, not the goals. Accolades without effort is empty.
- 5. It is important to work strategically and effectively.
Links from this session:
Would you review The DancePreneuring Studio?
I would be extremely appreciative if you would subscribe and leave your feedback on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher Radio. It really helps if you do it through the native Apple Podcast App on your smart device. Thanks so much!