To create one’s own world takes courage
It takes courage to create. It takes courage to be vulnerable, to share your art with the world. Courageous is one word I would easily use to describe the artists in attendance at The World Choreography Awards that took place in December 2021 at The Globe Theater in Los Angeles. Wisdom and inspiration were abundant throughout my conversations with attendees and award nominees/winners that I am excited to share in this latest podcast session.
A few takeaways from this session:
- It’s important to honor and know dance history, and where dance forms originate from.
- Events like The World Choreography Awards are important to continue celebrating the work and creativity that goes into dance media.
- Taking care of mental health needs to continue being forefront in dance and other creative arts.
- Keep creating and supporting other creators and collaborators.
- The importance of mentorship and training the next generation will help the longevity and integrity of dance and art.
Links from this session:
Other episodes of interest:
Would you review The DancePreneuring Studio?
I would be extremely appreciative if you would subscribe and leave your feedback on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. It really helps if you do it through the native Apple Podcast App on your smart device. Thanks so much!